Eggs can sometimes be a difficult one to fancy up and convince a non-liker to eat. So here is a child friendly approach I reckon will even get the muscleiest of men to eat an egg! They arrive on a train … need I say more!
We poached ours – here’s how:
Ingredients (serves 4)
1/2 Baguette (full length)
Salt & pepper for seasoning
Butter for the bread (our favourite part because it melts under the egg!!)
- Bring a pot of water to the boil.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Crack the 4 eggs in appropriately spaced and lower the temperature to low.
- Remove the eggs when you can see a white form over the yellow.
- Cut a full baguette in half, scoop out 4 spaces in the bread-stick and butter.
- Place each egg into one of the spaces.
- Place in the middle of the breakfast table and tear apart to enjoy.
Note: you can also place the scooped out bread on top of each egg buttered with added herbs to dress it up.